Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17

In Human Geography class today, we talked about Nike again, and the sweatshops. We didn’t continue our work on the power points which was kind of disappointing because my group didn’t finish. We talked about how outrageous the prices of shoes can be. I think if a shoe is over $200 it seems a little outrageous. It seems ridiculous to spend all that money on a pair of shoes. I feel like people who are wealthy just buy the shoes to flaunt their wealth. I personally think that is wrong. Think about all the people in Indonesia working at the sweatshops, making next to nothing. Someone in great poverty made those shoes, and only got paid about $2. I know I am guilty of buying Nike shoes, but now that we have talked about this in class it has really made me think about other people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment